Sunday, August 25, 2019

Aug 25 - Lake Easton State Park, Easton, Washington

  We spent the morning doing online activities.  I purchased our tickets to go see William & Chelsea's new baby next December (the baby is due in October).  Peter did his blog, etc. 
  After lunch, we hiked around and explored the Lake Easton State Park.  We followed a  nice hiking trail around the lake, which then went up and up, through various switchbacks, to the top of the small mountain/big hill overlooking the lake.  We sat for awhile, enjoying the view, then followed the trail back down to the park's campgrounds.  This led to another trail along the river, feeding into the lake.  Finally, we hiked the trail in the other direction, along the lake to the beach area.  Sitting and watching the lake, the weather was perfect, the wind through the pines was delightful, the sun not too hot, the flow of the waves and water, the smell of the crisp mountain air--all of my senses were activated and totally appreciative.  Altogether, the hike was around 3.7 miles.
  Got back just in time for our weekly Hangouts call --this time Anica & Owen, Shilah & Serena joined in.  Very nice.
  I realize how blessed I am to have Peter joining me on this crazy travel journey.  He's so willing to do most of what I want to do - hiking, sightseeing, living in a small RV, enjoying nature, meeting new folks.  Ok, so he doesn't want to join me in everything--kyaking, zip lining, white water rafting, but we work it out.  I see war/military museums  too.

Lake Easton State Park photos:






 

No comments:

Post a Comment