Friday, August 23, 2019

Aug 23 - Spokane, WA

  We spent most of the day at the RV campground.  I did the laundry, Peter on his computer.  He finally got a YouTube version of the Margaret Fuller documentary that he has been working on for 7 years now.  It is a 1 hour film, and describes the life of Margaret Fuller.  So, we watched that this morning.
  This afternoon we went into Spokane, WA.  It reminds me a bit of Amherst/Hadley area.  The downtown area is built around a river with cascades.  So, they built a Riverfront Park.  It has a Sky Ride Tram, that takes you over the falls, and gives you a birds eye view of the park.  Lasts all of 20 minutes.  We walked around the park, and found a vegetarian-friendly restaurant for dinner.  They had a nice outdoor patio, and we felt right at home.  My tofu thai peanut sauce stir fry was delicious.
  It's interesting to me that I don't experience much cultural difference here, versus, say the south.  I would have thought it would be more like a western movie scene.  But, it is a city, so that may contribute to the feeling.

Spokane River Front Park photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment