Sunday, August 22, 2021

August 21 - Joliet, Illinois

    IT turns out that Joliet, IL is 1/2 hour away from Orland Park, IL, which seems to be a yuppy suburb of South Chicago.  So, there was both a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's.  We definitely needed to shop at both places, to replace several perishable items that we can only get there, it seems.  We also went to Marianno's, which is a Kroger grocery store.  We got back to the campgrounds for a late lunch (take outs from Whole Foods).

   It was a cloudy day, so it wasn't as hot, but it was very humid.  It took most of the rest of the afternoon to put away all of the groceries.  It is a packing feat to get all of the perishables into the little refrigerator, and my little cooler that we keep in the RV as well.  Even if it wasn't cloudy, I would have kept my distance from the wonderful beach/pond, as they were having a family Hot Dog extravaganza there for the afternoon.  Not my cup of tea.    

   I did remember an interesting feeling I had yesterday, while floating in the pond.  It was windy, so the water had a little current.  I was floating on my back, and the water was moving past me, and I had a flashback to a time I was in Paraguay.  Ed and I were swimming in a stream, with a strong current.  The water was brown, and flowing past me.  I remember distinctly being overwhelmed with the feeling that this river was a river of time.  And that I was in a river of time, that ebbed and flowed around me.  And now, I was in that same current of time, flowing around me, 49 years later.  Do-do-do-do.  Wow.

   After dinner, we walked around the fish pond,  and sat on one of the benches to again watch the sunset over the water.  Nice.

Leisure Lake RV campground fish pond photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment