Wednesday, August 18, 2021

August 18 - on to Howe, IN

    We got an early start, and our route was only supposed to be 3 hours.  However, Peter had a call scheduled for 12 noon, so we stopped at a Interstate Service center for an hour to have lunch and do his call.  Then, when we had only an hour remaining, we ran into a traffic jam on the Interstate.   We sat still for an entire hour.  It was really hot and humid out, so we sat with the engine running and the air conditioner on the entire time.  I was able to get up and move around a bit, and ended up reading.  

   Then, when we finally got moving, going 65 mph, with a long line of cars front and back, Peter called me to say that he thought he just saw my hubcap fly off.  We ended up stopping at the next service center, and Yes, indeed, my hubcap is missing.  I was really worried that the lug nuts were loose, but they weren't.  I guess the bumpy road loosened it, or who knows.  I just know that I now need to get a new hubcap.  I called Mike Killeen to see if it is dangerous to drive with out a hubcap, but he said no.  Thank goodness.

   We finally arrived at this Thousand Trails campground, 5 hours later.  A bit frayed around the edges.  However, even though this is a huge campground, and it is parking lot style, and is in the middle of nowhere in northern Indiana, the sites are all tree-lined and very shady.  Park-like.  We discovered that there is an actual lake this time (not a large pond) with a little beach, so after dinner, we walked over to it, and then around that campgrounds for a bit.

   In driving here, I realized that I had forgotten how the land in northern Ohio and Indiana is so flat and mostly farmland.  Huge tracks of corn, for 100 miles.  The colors are pretty--greens and golds, but after a while, it gets a bit boring.

Tire with and without hubcap photos:


Lake at Twin Mills Campground photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment