Friday, August 6, 2021

August 1 - August 6, Preparing for our trip out west

  Most of this week has been in slow preparation for our trip out west.  We dropped off all of my outdoor flower pots and one indoor spider plant at Claire's to care take for the 3 months.  Then we picked up the RV at Tamara's.  I was aghast to discover a senior moment, when we pulled into Tamara's yard, and realized that I had left the RV keys at the condo (1 hr 15 min away).  I distinctly remembered telling myself to be sure and take the keys, but . . .

   Fortunately, I knew that we had left a set of keys for Mike, as he needed to move the RV into and out of the garage at various times.  So, I texted him to give me a call, and he told  us where to find the keys.  Also fortunately, I knew the secret code to open their front door.  Disaster avoided!

   Before arriving at Tamara's we drove up to the Sugarloaf Mountain mountain-top viewing park.  It happens to be right across the road from Tamara's house, but Peter & I have never gone up to the top before.  Incredible views, very high up, and Tamara & girls climb up the steep side!  I'm glad we made it to the top driving the car.  

   We brought the RV home and parked it again in the neighbor's drive.  What a blessing to have that option available to us.  So today is starting to organize and load the non-perishables into the RV, car, and back luggage bins.  

Sugarloaf Mountain photos:




Some nice Shanti's family photos downloaded from FB:








No comments:

Post a Comment