Thursday, August 12, 2021

August 12 - Hamlin Beach State Park, on Lake Ontario

    Since it has been so hot and humid, we decided to do our walk in the early morning.  We showered in the bath houses - very clean, lots of hot water.  Had a leisurely breakfast, and walked the paved path that goes along the beach.  It went on for 2 miles, past 5 different  beaches, with breakwaters, picnic tables and picnic shelters.  Past lots of large, mowed grassy picnic areas with shade trees.  This park is very nicely laid out and maintained.  The paved path ended at a rocky beach, and then became a nice trail through the woods to Devils Point.  This area is all high bluffs overlooking the Lake.  Quite nice.  We walked back, slowly, stopping to sit in some of the many benches or picnic tables along the path.  Peter stopped to capture his Ingris Portals.  Altogether, a 4.5 mile walk.

   We ate lunch, and did some computer stuff.  I let Peter hang out at the RV, and I went back over to the beach.  I found a great spot, by the rocks, under a shade tree, but close enough to sit on my chair with my feet in the water.  I even went swimming.  The water was warm, nice sandy bottom, shallow for quite a ways out, and delightful waves that pushed you back to shore.  There was a cool breeze that offset the hot sun and humidity.  I brought my Kindle and spent a very relaxing, invigorating few hours.

   All and all, this is a great State Park.  

Hamlin Beach State Park walking photos:







My afternoon beach photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment