Monday, October 14, 2019

Oct 13 - Travel east to Shady Cove, Oregon

  Today's travel was really beautiful.  It took us almost 5 hours to go 145 miles.  That's what happens when you are traveling through a mountain pass, hanging on the mountain ledge, with curves and squiggles that have a 25 mph or 30 or 35 mph speed limit.  I still can't figure out how that road can have a 55 mph speed limit.  My top speed was 45 mph.  Oh, and the trees all along the trip had turned a bright yellow!  Fall in Oregon.
  The first part of the trip, was following a beautiful stream.  It had tree-covered mountains on both sides, and dark green pastures, dotted with cattle.  It was very picturesque.  This part of the road had many turn outs, so I could pull over and let the traffic behind me pass.  I would have loved to stop and take photos, but there was no easy place to stop and do it.
  During the second part of the trip, the road went up and over the mountain.  Incredible vistas.  But this part had no turn outs, no shoulder, and all of those 25 - 35 mph squiggles.  Fortunately, there was no traffic behind me the whole 50 miles.  It was fine driving the RV as long as I could go slow, and sort of hover over the center line.
  We are staying at a Good Sam facility called Rogue River RV Resort.  It is right on the Rogue River.  Our site is right on the river, and is quite nice, even if there are RV's parking lot style.  I wasn't feeling very good, so we just took it easy the rest of the day.

Travel wayside photo:

Rogue River RV Resort photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment