Thursday, September 5, 2019

Sept 5 - day off, hangout in La Conner, WA

  I woke up not feeling well this morning, so we decided to take our day off today.  I slept in, then went down to the beach in our campgrounds, with my chair and my Kindle, and just sat in the sun, read and enjoyed the sights and sounds.  This is the where the northern end of Skagit Bay meets Similk Bay, a part of Puget Sound.
  Did my Blog, had lunch, and went back to the shore for much of the afternoon.  There are a lot of loud, squawking seagulls and graceful cormorants.  Everywhere I look are islands with hilltops, water, rocks, and birds.   I really like the soft, quiet water of the Bay.  It is not like the wave-crashing open ocean.  But gentle, and quiet.  Very nice.  I could see wanting to live on this coast.
  We went out for dinner, in nearby Burlington.  We had hoped to buy a collapsible bucket at Home Depot, but they didn't have them in stock.  We need a bucket to empty the grey tank, when we do not have full hook up. 
  Came back to the campground, and watched the colorful sunset, again.  They all seem amazing.

Evie relaxing today photos:

Sunset over the Skagit & Similk Bay at La Conner RV campground photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment