Sunday, September 15, 2019

Sept 14 - Twanoh State Park & Shelton, Washington

  Peter decided to take it easy today, so I ventured off on my own.   I decided to explore the Hood Canal area, and drove to Twanoh State Park.  I followed the road for 12 miles, as it followed the water's edge.  All along were beautiful houses.  Most were two stories up from the water level to the road level.  They all had long, staircases leading down to their docks on the water.
  I got to the Twanoh State Park at low tide.  So lots of folks were digging for clams.  There were clam and oyster shells littering the beach everywhere.  Apparently this Hood Canal is famous for their clams and oysters.  I hung out for a bit watching them dig, and just enjoying the water.  But since it was a cloudy, overcast, gloomy day, I continued on.
  I went into Shelton, Washington, to the library.  They have good internet, which our campground does not (along with the electricity which was still out).  I am able to update my RV blog, finally.  Since there are no Whole Foods or Trader Joe markets anywhere nearby, I went to both Fred Myers (which had a decent natural foods section and some organic produce) and to Safeway (which had some but not as good as Myers).  Finally, I headed back to the RV.
  Once back at the RV, Peter seemed much worse, with fever and lethargy.  We called the local urgent care, and they suggested going into the ER.  So, back in the car and back to Shelton General Hospital ER.  This was very reminiscent of the ER in Montana, just a month ago.  After more blood tests, he said everything looked OK, but they were going to grow some cultures.  I suggested they test for Lyme Disease.  While there, for the first time, we noticed a rash was developing in various places, on his body.  This was new.  The ER doc there had never dealt with Lyme's Disease, as they don't have it in Washington.  So, he sent Peter home with a "wait and see". 

Twanoh State Park photos:


Peter's 2nd ER visit in 2 months photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment