Thursday, January 10, 2019

Day 1 - First thing

So this is my first post.  I'm sure you'll be hearing more from Evie than me.  I've got three other blogs to take care of.  Anyway, I usually get up earlier than Evie.  So I went out and turned on the refrigerator. Battery is at 12.5 volts and propane is at 72% as of 5:30.  See what it is when we load the food.  Well actually Evie will put the food where it belongs I'll just carry it out.



You may be surprised to learn -NOT - that Evie has been doing all the organizing, although I was deeply involved in the route planning.  She will be driving the RV and I will be driving the car.  Our first stop will be Strodsburg PA.  The route is dictated by our free deal with Thousand trails.  The other constraint is to not go much more than four hours a day.  So it will take us four nights before we are in Yemassee SC where we will spend two weeks, given that it seems safe to dewinterize there.

We are very excited to be in an area that is so significant to Lafayette's tour, the Civil War (Excuse me I meant to say War of Northern Aggression - or maybe Late Unpleasantness) and Reconstruction.  Well maybe that's not exactly a we, but there is also a lot of natural beauty.

Well I've got a money making blog to work on, so that's it for now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter J Reilly is touring the country with his partner Evelyn Pless after withdrawing from their accounting practice.


2 comments:

  1. What is your anticipated arrival time and anticipated stay time at the Hovind RV Park on Pearl Lane near Lenox, AL?

    ReplyDelete