Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Apr 10 - Hanging out at Lake Gaston, Littleton, NC

  I spent the morning planning the first leg of our next RV travels--the trip to Michigan in July, to spend a week at a vacation home on Silver Lake with all the kids and grandkids.  This time, we are going to take make four stops, of 3-4 days each, to get there.  Stopping at State Parks, mostly along Lake Erie.  We even have the campgrounds reserved, as it was tricky--since the 4th of July weekend was right in the middle of the trip.
  We went exploring a bit around the area.  Since Lake Gaston is 32 miles long, there is a lot of shoreline.  However, it is all privately owned.  But it was an interesting ride.  We returned, and Peter went back to his blogging, and I went back down to the lake with my Kindle, my cell phone, and my tablet.  Spent a lot of time just enjoying the lake. 
  We went out to dinner at a restaurant right along the lake shore, that we found when out exploring today.  Great little sort of "funky" place by the marina. 

Lunch outside and My hangout spot by the lake:


Another great sunset over the lake:




No comments:

Post a Comment