Monday, March 25, 2019

Mar 22 - Peter goes on road trip with William, I stay at the Hidden Cover campground

  Peter and William drove to Dinosaur Adventure land, owned by a young-earth creationist that Peter has followed for a while, originally for his tax-related issues.  I can't abide by him or his beliefs, so I chose not to go with them, but to stay at the campground for the day.  Peter has written up a description of his trip, if anyone is interested, that can be found on his blog. 
  It was a beautiful sunny day, in the mid-60's.  Since there was NO internet access or cell service, I spent an ELECTRONIC FREE day.  It's amazing how often we reach for some device or other, for some reason or other.  There are two really beautiful places at this campground, overlooking the lake.  Apparently, Smith Lake was a big chasm, that the State damned up to make this huge lake.  At some points, it is 300 ft deep.  There are dead trees and stuff underwater.  But the sides are all rocky cliffs, so it can drop off very quickly to very deep.  And, there are no, or few, beaches.  But the combination of rocks, sun, gentle wind, water, birds chirping and fresh scent of air makes for an incredibly invigorating uplifting energy.  I have definitely found my element.
  So, I hung out all day, and evening--reading outdoors, walking--oh, and I cooked a few meals to freeze.  Nice day.  Watched "The Mighty Macs" DVD, from the campground office's stash, since there is no Netflix.

Hidden Cove Campground day off photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment