Sunday, March 3, 2019

Mar 2 -- Battle of Natural Bridge re-enactment

  So, today I dropped Peter off at the Battle of the Natural Bridge re-enactment site and went to do laundry in Tallahassee, FL.  Ask me if I minded missing that particular activity.  In the laundromat, a nice looking black man asked me my name, and said I looked like someone he used to work with.  I then  went out to the car to sit and wait for the washers, as there wasn't much room inside.  While sitting, the man drove his car and stopped by mine on his way out.  He asked me if I was married, and I said, yes, why?  He said I was "cute".  I said "Aren't you sweet, and, by the way, I am old enough to be your mother."  He said no way, that he was 45.  I said, "and one of my sons is 44."  Go figure--trying to be picked up by someone my sons age!  Sort of made my day.
   Went back to the battlefield site, and talked with some of the folks attending, and some of the       re-enactors.  This particular battle was a Confederate victory, and "saved Tallahassee from being captured and burned".   Interesting to see the perspective of some of the southern folks about those times, as well as some of the blacks in attendance, as some of the Union forces were black units.  Peter had a good time. 
  Did our usual Whole Foods/Trader Joe's shopping, had dinner, and came "home".

Battle of the Natural Bridge Re-enactment photos:
 




No comments:

Post a Comment