Tuesday, August 11, 2020

May, 2020 at Home during Covid-19

   Even though it is now August, I have decided to continue this blog, albeit in a somewhat abbreviated fashion.  And, our "travels" are no longer nation-wide, but localized.  As my blog served to remind us of where we have traveled each day, as well as to share those thoughts and photos with family and friends, I will attempt to continue in a similar vein.

We spent several days unloading the RV of everything in it.  It was amazing how much STUFF we were able to carry in the RV, the luggage rack on the back, and in the back of our car.  Stuff we have lived with for the past 1 and 1/2 years of travel.  Now, however, we needed to clean it all out.  I even had my house cleaner go in and clean the inside thoroughly.  Figuring out where to put all of the stuff in our condo took many more days.  We also wanted to leave clean, kitchen ware in the RV, so our next trip, whenever that will be, will already be somewhat stocked.

Claire and her fiance, Ian, have been living in our condo since last September, taking good care of it while we are gone.  Originally, they had planned to move out when we returned, but with Covid-19, they are staying.  It is a bit of an adjustment for them to rearrange a bit their living style to accommodate Peter and I being home again.  But, it is really enjoyable having them here.  It has been many years since I have lived with Claire, and it is really nice getting to know both of them better.

We then took the RV to my daughter, Tamara's, where the temporary garage is, to store until we take our next trip.  So, I FINALLY got to meet my newest granddaughter, Siena Margaret Killeen, born March 13, 2020.  And, it was a delight to see Tamara's family.  

Orion passed away from Covid-19 on March 31st, and Anica is the executress and beneficiary of his estate, including his house.  Trying to figure out what needs to be done to close out his estate has been overwhelming for her, and with Covid closing down so many government offices, the process is even slower.So I went to Anica's house to go over a To Do list with her.  And, I got to see their family --how nice.

Some photos of Tamara's girls:







No comments:

Post a Comment