Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Apr 27 - Tuscaloosa, AL and Lake Lurleen State Park

  Another beautiful, sunny day, in the 70's.  Into the "office" early this morning.  The plan is to go back after lunch and kayak.  We'll see. 
  Indeed, that is what we did.  Peter and I drove down to the boat rental area, where I rented a kayak.  Peter then walked the mile back up to the RV (he needed to get in his daily exercise), to watch a DVD that I wouldn't watch (a war movie).  The hour spent in the kayak was wonderful.  The weather was beautiful, a very light, fresh breeze, blue skies and calm waters.  I kayaked around one branch of the lake, stopping every now and then to float and enjoy the moment.  The dazzle of the sun on the water was like seeing fire flies, or a pile of diamonds sparkling.  It was really sweet. 
  After I returned, we sat outside, read, and had a beer.  I will really miss this location.  I have never spent so long at a water destination, and this one is so beautiful. 

Kayaking at Lake Lurleen photos:



Enjoying a beer at our RV site photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment