Monday, April 27, 2020

Apr 26 - Tuscaloosa, AL and Lake Lurleen State Park

  Off to the "mobile office" bright and early this morning.  Beautiful sunny day, not too hot nor too cold.  I had Zoom calls with the kids/grandkids and with the sibling/cousins. It is really wonderful to be able to keep in touch with loved ones far away, and to be able to visit and "see" them.  Our parent's generation must have thought the same way about the telephone, in their day. 
  Got back to Lake Lurleen in the late afternoon.  Asked about renting kayaks, but they said they weren't doing it today, since it was so windy.  I'll try for tomorrow.  So we walked down to a different lakeside picnic area, and sat by the water and read for awhile. 
  I made a new tofu cutlet recipe, from Whole Foods, and it was a disaster.  I was able to modify it and make it into my tofu cutlets parmesan, so it turned out sort of OK, but toss that recipe.  Oh well.  I'm trying to add variety to our menu, and since I can't get seitan, I'm using more tofu and beans. 
  After dinner, we slowly walked around our campground loop.  It is a nice paved road, with manicured campsites, surrounded by woods.  We stopped and chatted (with more than 6 feet distance) with a couple from Mississippi, and just enjoyed being out and about. 
  Nice day.

Afternoon walk to picnic area photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment