Monday, April 13, 2020

Apr 10 - Tuscaloosa, AL and Lake Lurleen State Park

  So my home-made face mask didn't quite work well for me when I went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon.  I could tolerate it for about 1/2 hour, after which I felt like I couldn't breathe.  It fit fine, but just didn't work for the long term.  I think, going forward, that I will use it to check out at the register when I am near other folks.  While shopping, it is rather easy to stay more than 6 feet away from others.  Or, I may need to start using William's heavy duty mask that he gave us when we go into a situation where there are a lot of people.
  We watched the next 007 DVD last night, this time with Daniel Craig as James Bond.  Made in 2008, so it had lots of high-tech gadgets and only two women that he cavorted with.  But the plot line was a little convoluted.
  This morning we needed to empty and flush out our black tank.  After which we headed into town to get the oil changed on my car, since it was already overdue.  There are no Subaru dealers around, so we went to an Express Oil change.  We got to stay in the car for the entire process, and the workers all had gloves on.  So, it was the best we could do.  We couldn't drive to the next place without changing the oil.
  We are starting to settle into a more "home-like" routine, versus our travel-site-seeing routine.  Not as much to talk about, or take photos of.  We have never stayed in a State Park (or any other site) for an entire month.  I think 6 days was the longest stay at any one place.  Thank goodness it is so beautiful.
  Missed our morning walk, so hope to do it when we get back today.  Yes, we did.  Walked to the fishing pier and the picnic area overlooking the lake.  Lovely.

Lake Lurleen photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment