Monday, November 2, 2020

Oct 26 - Nov 1 Halloween, regular home stuff

    I have been keeping busy with home projects--several of them (Peter says LOTS of them).  Big one is reorganizing the bookshelves--in the living room, in the guest room, in the basement game area and in the storage rooms.  Also rearranging the closets--moving clothes out of our bedroom closet and into the guest room closet, shoes included.  Tossing stuff and giving away stuff.  We also rearranged my computer work area -- moved it from the bedroom  and into the kitchen area where there is a much bigger work area and the printer.  Nice view of the backyard woods too.

It snowed 5 inches, in October !!!  Crazy.  Three days later, and it ahs all melted.  Thank goodness. I knew there was a reason we had originally planned on not being in New England for the winters anymore.  Thanks to Covid, here we are.  Unfortunately, the heavy weight of the snow and the cold killed all my fall flowers.  

  Halloween came and went.  Saw the grandkids on either Zoom or photos.  Really missed seeing them this year in person.  And wouldn't you know it, this year I decided NOT to buy any candy, as there has never been anyone to come to the condo in the 9 years that we've lived here.  And, with Covid, who knew if trick-or-treating was even "ON".  And, then we would just have a bag of candy that Peter ate all by himself!  So, this year, I said "why bother", and wouldn't you know it, one of the few kids in the condo association came by with her Mom,  and I had nothing to give her!  I felt SO bad!  They understood, but I still felt bad for the rest of the evening.  

On Sunday, since this week was a Tuesday Zoom call week, I was missing speaking with the family, and Cheyenne, Savannah, & Siena called and invited me to watch Zootopia on Disney Plus with them.  The movie on one screen, and a shot of them in their living room watching the movie on the other.  And we could talk.  Fun.

I started knitting the baby blanket that I will ultimately give away to the NICU unit for preemie babies.  I haven't knit for 30 years or so, and it has taken me awhile for my fingers to remember, but it's getting there.  I also fixed the keyboard piano, and found some beginner piano books.  Not sure my fingers will ever learn the notes to play.  But, it's fun trying.  And, I continue slowly working on my 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Without Claire and Ian, it is slow going.

New computer set-up photo:


1st Snow photo:


Halloween photos from family:











Random grandkid photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment