Friday, November 27, 2020

Nov 16 - 27, All around home

   The last two weeks have been pretty uneventful.  We have definitely settled into a Covid-19 routine, of sorts.  Daily walks around the neighborhood, sometimes going  to a nearby nature spot to walk instead.  The weekly excitement of going grocery shopping to Trader Joes, Whole Foods and Stop & Shop --woo hoo!  Peter working on his various blogs daily.  I have been helping him consolidate and update his blogs into one website/blog-- yourtaxmatterspartner.com  I have also been starting to get my photos ready for my annual Xmas letter collage, and my refrigerator photos.  I also want to create some Photo Books, one for each leg of our RV travels - southeast, northwest, and southwest.  In addition, I have taken up knitting again, and am slowly knitting a blanket to donate to the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) for premie babies.  And, in order to keep exercising here in New England, with the weather not suited to outdoor walking throughout the winter, I have restarted doing Jazzercise sessions.  This time, online, with Aimee's Jazzercise group.  I love just going into my basement and doing a workout there.  No driving, no need to "dress appropriately".  I hope they continue with online classes, even after Covid-19.  And, it's fun watching Aimee teach.  Almost like being there.  Then, of course, there's cooking-breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Everyday.  Being retired and with Covid-19, there's more kitchen time.  We used to go out to a restaurant usually once a month or so.  I have also started to bake more than I have in a long time.  I've started baking breads, muffins,  and cookies.  However, I stopped the cookies, since we are trying to reduce our sugar intake, and the cookies were going really quickly.   

  Something new since our return from traveling --we've decided to reduce our coffee consumption, so each afternoon, we are now drinking hot tea.  Claire & Ian were definitely our inspiration for that change, as they only drink tea.  Our evenings after dinner are usually-- read, I work on my jig saw puzzle, we may play a game, then do a sitting meditation, and watch something on the Netflix, Amazon Prime or DisneyPlus.  Maybe even a DVD.  We've gotten into watching some TV series.  Not super exciting, but OK for now.

  We did go over to Claire & Ian's new house (formerly aka Orion's).  We had to deliver some items to them, and did a game day and dinner, while there.  They have fixed up their space very nicely and seem very comfortable there.  

  Finally, this week was Thanksgiving.  It was the first time in 45 years that we have not been with family for Thanksgiving.  Thank you Covid-19.  We did have a great Zoom call with all the kids, and Scott, Amy & Adelle joined in.  We also had a great Zoom call with all my siblings and cousins, and Lisa & David joined in on that one.  It felt nice to connect with everyone.  Dinner was a lot easier, as we didn't prepare nearly the variety of foods that I would cook if we had had company.  I did, however, for the first time in my life, prepared a turkey, for Peter for dinner.  It was a Trader Joe's precooked, half breast, that I just needed to warm up in the oven.  It even had garlic butter juices  that I made into gravy, to serve on his mashed potatoes.  I, of course, had garbonzo loaf.  And, I made him super wash the pans used to cook anything having to do with the turkey.

Some daily walk photos:




Daily activity photos:

Jazzercise:


Peter Blogging:

Evie's computer station:

Evie's Jig saw puzzle area and knitting photos:


Evie's life in the kitchen and meal photos:


Evening entertainment area photo:

Claire & Ian's game room (their photo):

Thanksgiving day at Anica's (Owen & Quinn baking) -their photo:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment