Sunday, November 15, 2020

Nov 8 - Nov 15, Home, Home, Westville Dam Recreation Park-Southbridge, MA

    We are "enjoying" the effects of Covid-19 stay-at-home edicts.  Learning to deal with the challenges of going stir-crazy.  Finding joy and excitement in the adventure of going out to the grocery store.   I am also starting the project of replacing the linoleum in our main bathroom, as the old one is stained and curling at the edges.  Trying to find samples of LVP (vinyl planking) online is rather difficult, as the colors are off, and I actually need a sample to put in the bathroom and see what it looks like with the cabinets and wall color that is there (I am not a great visualizer).  So a few stops at Home Depot, and the two neighborhood flooring stores (all with masks on, of course).  I may have decided on one--we'll see.

   For one of our daily walks, we decided to try to walk the woods behind the condo.  We have never stepped foot into the woods in the 9 years that we have been here.  Now I know why.  It is a wetland, with swampy, mushy areas.  But the real deterrent was all of the prickly, viney,  underbrush.  And, the very uneven, bumpy, root-filled ground.  We couldn't walk very far before needing to turn in a different direction.  So, we decided to skip that experience, and just do our regular neighborhood walk.  It is a nice view to look at, though.  

   Our once-a-week hiking excursion was to the Westville Dam Recreation Park in the nearby town of Southbridge/Sturbridge.  The Army Corp of Engineering built a dam there for flood control, and a very nice park, to go with it.  There is a longish lake, with a 1.8 mile loop trail around it.  It was a delightful walk.  We may go there again.

 With the poor weather, I have started  doing some of Aimee's online streaming Jazzercise classes.  It's really nice to be able to them in my own home.  This morning I did a class that Aimee taught, from her basement studio.  It felt like I was visiting their home--something I really miss doing.  And, Aimee is a great Jazzercise instructor.  And, I got a good work-out to boot.

  I finally finished my 3rd 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  This one was slower, because it was just me doing it (Claire & Ian helped on the other ones) and all the pieces were mostly the same shapes!  And, there was one piece missing!  How frustrating.  But I did it.  Now on the next one.

Back deck photo:


Back woods hiking attempt photos:



Westville Dam photos:










3rd Jigsaw puzzle photo:



No comments:

Post a Comment