Monday, July 19, 2021

July 11 - 19, Starting to emerge from Covid

   We finally got approval from the insurance company to fix the cracked headlight in the RV.  It amazes me that to fix a crack in the plastic cover over the headlight, it will cost $2,150.  I guess they need to swap out the entire headlight, not just replace the plastic cover.  Go figure.  However, the insurance company wanted a few more photos of the RV for their files -- a photo of the VIN number, the mileage and the outside of the RV.  So Peter and I drove out to Tamara's to take the photos and visit for a bit.  It was a nice excuse to get out there and see them.

   We noticed that on Thursday evenings, in the summer, the nearby town of Auburn holds free outdoor concerts at one of its parks.  So, we decided to go.  The park was really nice and very large.  A few unfortunate things, however:  we didn't care for the music the band played, and as it had recently rained, the grass and the ground was very wet.  But, it was a nice evening, and felt good to be sitting outdoors.  

    I finally finished my knitting project -- another baby blanket to donate to the NICU premie unit at UMASS Memorial, where I used to be a volunteer cuddler.  It takes me awhile, as I only knit a few rows a day.  But, I enjoy doing it, and it is a worthy cause.  I even got some of the women in our condo association who are part of a knitting group to start knitting blankets for them too.

   July 17th was Serena's 14th birthday.  I remember when I was 8 or so, thinking that age 14 was the perfect age to be.  How perception changes as we age!  Serena and family were camping at Twin Lakes in Colorado for the weekend.  They posted a nice photo of the birthday girl on a paddleboard. 

   On Saturday evening, we decided to go out "on a date".  For the first time since the pandemic started, we went out to dinner and a movie.  We saw the new Marvel movie "Black Widow" --too much action, not enough story line.  I felt comfortable in the actual theater, as it was large, with few people, and no one sat around us.  Even in the restaurant, we didn't sit near anyone else.  I did put on my mask when we walked into the main theater area, as there were lots of unmasked people.  I guess it will still take awhile for me to feel comfortable, unmasked, with a lot of folks, even though we are both vaccinated.

   On Sunday, we had a nice afternoon visit with Anica and family.  We read stories and played games.  Fun afternoon.  

   We have been having an amazing amount of rain -- both daylong rain, as well as very intense thunder storms, with huge amounts of rain.  The ground is saturated, and since our condo is at the bottom of the hill, all the rains flows towards us.  Fortunately, when they built the condo, they put in a lot of drains around the condo, so it seems that the water flows away from the condo, and not into it (like in some of the other units).   During the last intense thunder storm, it was like a river was pouring down the hill next to us.  We have never seen so much water.  Climate change?

Our RV in storage at Tamara's photo:

Outdoor music concert in Auburn park photo:

Finished baby blanket photos:


Happy 14th birthday, Serena photo:

Our "first time out after Covid" date photos:





  

No comments:

Post a Comment