Sunday, July 11, 2021

June 26 - July 8, this and that, and the 4th of July weekend

   Not much of interest happened these hot summer weeks.  Regular neighborhood walks, if it wasn't too hot and humid.  Started more Jazzercise Zoom sessions in my cool, air conditioned basement with Aimee's group, when it was too hot or raining.  

June 27 - we found a new park to hike in.  Hawden Park in nearby Auburn.  A nice trail, through the woods, following a stream and long pond.  We ended the jaunt with a stop at our local ice cream spot.  I discovered, however, that after a child's small scoop of ice cream, that my stomach wasn't too pleased.  So, I now remember why I eat non-dairy ice cream.  Too bad this place doesn't serve it.

June 28 - I FINALLY finished my last 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that Lois sent me.  This one was quite time consuming, as there were a lot of very similar colors.  Fortunately, the shapes were all quite different.  

June 30 -- was Gabe's 44th birthday.  Wow!  And, I am so glad to say that he is improving, physically, every day.  I am still so impressed with Andrea's organizational and implementation abilities, and with Gabe's determination to improve.  It warms the heart.

July 3 -- we went to Claire and Ian's for a game day.  We played Eclipse.  A very interesting, involved board game with really neat pieces and rules.  It took Ian 2 hours just to set it up and explain to us how to play the game.  We ate lunch, and played until 7 pm.  Then, in memory of Ed Pless, who passed away 9 years ago today, we went out for ice cream (before dinner) at Cook's farm in Hadley, MA.  I passed on having any, but the rest all enjoyed it.  We stopped at the famous Antonio's pizza place in Belchertown for a quick dinner on the way home.  A good day.

July 5 -- The 4th of July we spent at home, just hanging out.  The 5th, we went to Anica's for the afternoon and dinner.  The weather was quite pleasant, and we went over to a local park with a playground for the kids.  Stopped for more ice cream on the way to their house.  This time they had chocolate coconut milk ice cream for me.  How nice.  Great company, great dinner --thanks Anica & Aaron.

Random fun photos:












Hawden Park Trail photos:



Jig saw puzzle photo:


Game day at Claire and Ian's photos:




Visit with Anica's family photos:









No comments:

Post a Comment