Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Mar 19 - 30, keep on keeping on with Covid.

    The last half of March has made us believe spring is in the air.  Typical blend of beautiful, sunny warm days (50 - 60's) and back down to the low 40's.  Rain, but no snow, thankfully.  Here's a few notable things that made our days a bit different from one another.

  • I finally finished the premie baby blanket that I started knitting last summer.  I had to buy some blocking pads and learn how to block and steam it so it lays flat and square.  But, I was finally able to mail it off to the UMASS NICU for them to use or give to a premie baby.  Yeh.  Now I am starting on a different pattern.  
  • Scott, Amy & Adelle came to drop off a bike trailer for Tamara.  It was one of those nice days, and we went for a walk together around our block, ending up with feeding the horse & two goats some carrots.  It was great to see them in person, even if it was an outdoor, masked, Covid visit.  
  • On one of those high 60's days, Peter and I went over to the trail that goes along the Buffamville lake, ending up at the beach.  Great 2 mile walk.  Interesting that it was so warm, yet the lake still had ice in the center and along the edges of the stream.  It just felt so good to get outdoors and walking.  
  • Since I now had a trailer that attaches to a bike for Siena, I made the trip out to Tamara's.  Again a nice warm day, and Tamara, Cheyenne, Savannah, Siena and I all went for a nice long walk.  At one portion of the sidewalk, there is a digital speed sign, showing how fast the cars are going.  Of course, Cheyenne, Tamara & Savannah had to race along the road to see how fast they could sprint.  Cheyenne won at 13 mph, Tamara at 12 mph, and poor Savannah couldn't get it to light up, even though she ran fast.
  • It has been so sunny and warm, that I made Peter help me bring the table and chairs up onto the back deck.  Still a bit chilly, but it gets the afternoon sun.  So, I even sat outside reading for a bit.  My daffodils are even about to bloom!  How nice.
  • Finally, I have been working on preparing tax returns for Peter, myself and the family.  Keeps me busy.  I even finished Orion's final tax return, coincidentally, on the 1 year anniversary of his Covid related death, March 30th.
My first knitted premie blanket, blocked and finished, photos:


Scott, Amy & Adelle's visit photos:



Buffamville Lake hike photos:




Visit with Tamara and girls photos:


Spring around the condo photos:


Fun family photos:









No comments:

Post a Comment