Thursday, March 18, 2021

Mar 10 - 18, Siena's 1st Birthday, and Spring is in the air.

    Beautiful sunny days, in the 50 degrees -- so we visited some local (Sturbridge) hiking trails.  The first was Westville Dam, with a nice trail along the lake, over to the dam.  The second was to Arbutus/Leadmine Trail, which was a really nice old gravel road, around a small lake, and up and over the surrounding hillside, through the woods.  Both were 1.5 - 2.0 mile loops, and made for a wonderful way to get outdoors, get some exercise, and get out of the Covid-winter house.

    Mar 13th was Siena's 1st birthday.  We did an impromptu Zoom call, and watched her open her presents.  At that point, she was almost walking.  Today, she is taking her first steps.  

   We also took advantage of another beautiful sunny day and visited Anica and family.  We went for a walk around their neighborhood, then played for awhile in their backyard.  I can't wait for all of us to get our vaccinations, and to be able to visit indoors again.

  It's amazing how the littlest things can make such a big difference.  My computer desk is right next to the windows in our kitchen/dining area, and in the morning the sun shines directly into my eyes, all morning.  I never felt I needed curtains or shades before, but I have been wearing a baseball cap just to be able to sit at the computer and work since we came back home in May.  I finally had enough, and went out and bought a pull-down shade.  Of course, that meant Peter and I had to install it!  Us, use a drill?  However, we did prevail, and we did install it, and I now can just pull it down when needed when the sun shines in my eyes.  Such a small thing, such a delight.

  Covid is hopefully starting to ease up.  Kids are starting back to school, in person, full time.  I am getting my 1st vaccine today, and Peter has an appointment next week.  Yeh!

Westville Dam hike photos:




Arbutus/Leadmine Trail hiking photos:




Siena's 1st Birthday photos:



Visit with Anica & family photos:



New kitchen shade photo:

Back to school photo:





   



No comments:

Post a Comment