Tuesday, July 9, 2019

July 9 - last day at Geneva State Park- hanging out

  We took a morning 2 mile walk along Lake Erie, along the boardwalk (it's actually a paved walk, not a boardwalk).  Then, I updated my blog, chatted with some neighbors walking by, and had lunch.  Peter stayed "in", working on his computer, and I went to relax on the beach for a few hours, then went over to the park bench overlook, in the shade for a few more hours.  Very beautiful, relaxing day.
  We went into Geneva-on-the-Lake, the nearby town, and had dinner, outside, overlooking the lake.  It was the best restaurant food I've had in a long time--Quinoa/rice Crispy BBQ tofu with green garbonzo beans and veggies.  Since we are in Ohio wine country, I "paired" it with an Ohio white pino grigio.  Very good. 
  After, we went to the town park where they had an outdoor "concert" at the water's edge.  Funky band, but good songs.  Then, since we had to pass right by the ice cream shop, we did stop, again.
It's been a long time since I've had nothing I needed to do, and could just sit and relax, enjoying the beauty of the nature around me. 

Relaxing at Geneva State Park photos:


Ready for the Beach !





The outdoor concert and park photos:



Last stop--ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment