Saturday, October 29, 2022

Oct 1 - Oct 12, 2022 - Plum Island, MA and more around home

 Oct 2 - We were invited to go and watch Quinn play at her field hockey game.  We arrived and set up our chairs to watch, but it was SO cold and windy, that even though I was in my winter jacket, hood up, and covered in a blanket, I couldn't sit through the whole hour game.  So, Owen and I went and sat in our car, which just happened to be parked so we could still watch the game.  I did remember that in the 10th grade, I was on the field hockey team for a season, and earned my "letter".  Unfortunately, they cancelled girls sports for lack of funding after that season.  Figures.

Oct 3 -4 - We had arranged to meat up with the woman who set up the charitable foundation on which I am part of the grants committee.  She lives in Newburyport, MA.  Plum Island is right nearby, so we decided to spend the day exploring Plum Island Wildlife Sanctuary, then have dinner with my friend, spend the night in a cute little hotel, and then have a charitable gifting meeting the next day.  Those were the plans.  We did spend the day on Plum Island.  However, on the way to dinner, I had a dizzy, lighted headed spell, combined with some tightness near my chest.  So, we decided to instead go over to the urgent care, just to have it checked out.  You read so much about chest pain and dizzyness, and seeking immediate attention, that we wanted to be sure.  As it turns out, the urgent care sent us to the local hospital's emergency room.  I must say, it was nicer than any of the Worcester emergency rooms, as Newburyport is a high-end town, and their hospital was connected to Beth Israel Hospital out of Boston.  Anyways, after spending the whole night and next morning in the emergency room, and many, many tests, their conclusion was:  I am quite healthy, definitely not related to heart or lungs, and ALL my blood work was normal.  So we went home.  I did see my primary care doc the next day.  I think we are considering the tightness to be muscular, rather than chest/heart.  So, good news.

However, Plum Island was a delight.  I'm glad we got to see it.  It is a long island, with the open ocean on one side, and the calm harbor on the other.  Unfortunately, it was still quite cold and very windy.  So, other than looking at the beautiful beaches on the ocean side, we couldn't handle the cold for long.  So we did a nice 2 mile loop trail on the calmer, less windy inner side.  

Oct 11 - The fall colors are here.  Beautiful golds and reds.  Nice shot of the pond on our neighborhood walk.

Oct 12 - The Tax magazine that Peter writes articles for asked him to write a book, that they would publish, about his "Reilly's Laws of Tax Planning".  They have asked him to get a professional photo for the book cover, so Peter had a T-shirt made up with the first rule on it.  He may use it (or one in which he is wearing a suit).  We'll let the publisher decide.


Quinn - at field hockey game

Plum Island, MA photos:







Peter's Laws of Tax Planning T-Shirts photos:

Fall colors photo:







No comments:

Post a Comment