Monday, May 31, 2021

May 16 - May 29, Life after Covid, almost

 May 16 - we decided since it was such a beautiful day, we would go walk a local trail.  Last fall we discovered a nice hike in nearby Sturbridge, on the Leadmine/Arbutus trail, around a couple ponds and up over a hill and back.  So we decided to go there again, and enjoyed another hike.  By the time we got there, it had started to spit rain, so we sat in the car and read for about 10 minutes, and then went on our hike with delightful weather.

May 17 - 21 --This was not a very good week for me.  On Monday, I had a root canal, which didn't go well as they discovered the tooth was cracked.  So they didn't finish the root canal and suggested I have the tooth extracted.  On Wed, I was back to my regular dentist, with an infection in my jaw.  Back on antibiotics.  On Fri, I had the tooth extracted --what fun.  It took the whole next week for the abscess to go away, and the tooth to heal, and for me to start feeling better.  Not the best week for me, but it is over.  Better while at home than to have it happen on our RV travels.

May 18 - During that week we also picked up the RV from where it was being inspected and took it back over to Tamara's to store.  (We didn't even realize that it need to have an inspection sticker, so have driven it for the last 2 years without one).  Now the RV is ready for our new travel adventures --the chassis has been tuned up, the cabin has been serviced, and the inspection sticker is now on.  We are ready and raring to go.  On the way home, we stopped at the Mt. Skinner State Park.  This has a drive up to the top of Mt Skinner, where there is an old hotel that overlooks the entire Pioneer Valley.  Beautiful views. 

May 24 - Another beautiful spring day, and we wanted to get out and about for our daily hike.  We made our annual trip over to Sawmill State Park, which has thousands of azalea and rhododendron plants.  It was a little early for most of the rhodies, but the azaleas were all in bloom.  I love the waterfalls and the lake.  The property used to be owned by a family, at an old sawmill, and I can't imagine planting all of those plants.  I certainly do appreciate it now though.

May 25 - Peter went into Boston on the train, to meet a fellow blogger for lunch.  This is the first time in an enclosed public setting, with a mask, in over a year.  I dropped him off at the train station in Worcester.  However, when he called to say he'd be arriving back at the Worcester station, he said that they had stopped the train due to forest fires closing the train tracks.  So, I he got off the train, and I picked him up at a station further east.  But, that meant by the time I got him, it was dinner time.  So, we actually went out to a restaurant, and ate indoors.  Also, the first time in a year!  Masks on until the food came, but we were indoors, at a restaurant.

May 26 - another post-Covid first -- I went shopping for clothes at Kohls.  Still wore my mask, but I bought a few items.  

May 27 - I spend the afternoon at Claire's doing gardening.  We raked her front lawn, which was completely covered in leaves.  Hard work, but what a difference.  Also, it was a really nice day --not too hot or cold, and it felt great to be working outdoors in the yard.

Arbutus Trail hike photos:





Mt Skinner State Park photos:





Sawmill State Park photos:







Some recent fun photos:











No comments:

Post a Comment