Sunday, January 26, 2020

Jan 26 - Horseback ride tour of wine country and Wine Tasting, Temecula, CA

  We relaxed this morning, then headed out to Temecula wine country for a 2 hours horse back ride tour and wine tasting.  I haven't been on a horse in probably 25 years, and I have never been to an official wine tasting.  So, both were on my bucket list.  What fun.  Although, I guess I should say that I probably had more fun than Peter.  Even though he looked a little stiff and uncomfortable on the horse, he did great.  What a good sport to join me in my many adventures. 
  Our tour guide was a very interesting young woman.  An ex-marine helicopter pilot, a professional horse trainer and rider, and she runs a horse rescue /tour business.  Very knowledgeable about wineries and horses.  She had a lot of interesting stories, and she told me she really appreciated all of my questions--that it made it more fun for her.  After the horseback ride around the vineyard, and surrounding mountain area, we went into the Leoness Winery for the wine-tasting.  As part of the tour price, we had a tasting that included 6 samples of various wines, both red and white, dry and sweet.  We picked ours out from a list, and ended with a desert wine and a chocolate drop.
  The wine country around Temecula is extremely popular and well known.  There are many wineries.  The area is really pretty, with lots of small mountains, large vineyards, and big, beautiful estates and houses. 

Horseback ride tour photos:




TJ, our tour guide

Leoness Winery photos:








No comments:

Post a Comment