Friday, February 15, 2019

Feb 15 - Errands and Highlands Hammock State Park swamp trails

 This morning I finally got my hair cut and reshaped.  It really needed it.  I had to just pick a salon in Wauchula from the online reviews and just hope for the best.  Since I'm no longer dying my hair, I figured "how bad could it be?".  It took way longer than I'm used to, but I actually like the cut better than my own hairdresser did.
  This afternoon we went to nearby Highlands Hammock State Park.  They have a nice 2 mile driving loop through the park, with several mile-long loop hiking trails.  We did two of them, both with boardwalks through the swamps.  What an incredible energy in the swamps.  An amazing eco system, and the feel like you have gone back in time.  Or that you are on Jurrasic Park island!  We saw another baby alligator, white ibises, and two river otters.    Perfect hiking weather.

Photos of the Highlands Hammock State Park swamp trails:







No comments:

Post a Comment