Saturday, May 2, 2020

May 2 - Chattanooga, TN

  I must say it is nice to have internet access right in our RV again.  Although living without constant access to it for a month was quite nice.   Today we went into Chattanooga.  It is a really nice looking city, and I don't generally like cities.  We thought we would go to the River Walk trail, 10 miles of trail along the Tennessee River, but there were too many people out and about.  Not the kind of enjoy the outdoors while still social distancing that I like to do. 
  So, we went to the Whole Foods.  It has been months since I was near one, so I stocked up as much as my small RV storage and refrigerator allowed.  This area does remind me of New England.  Although there are tall green tree covered mountain ranges on either side of the river.  The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is here, and I think this town "leans liberal".  It would be a nice place to site-see, if things were open and different. 
  We came back to the RV, and just sat in our camp chairs outside, and enjoyed the weather.  Fresh, comfortable, sunny, blue sky weather.  We read, walked the campground loop, read some more.  Peter got on his computer, I had a beer, and finished up my  blog for today.  Heading out again tomorrow.  The drag racing across the road has already started.  I hope it isn't as loud or intense or long as last night.  It seems in the day, when there are other things to listen to, it isn't as noticeable.  But at night, it is VERY loud.

Holiday Travel RV camp photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment