Saturday, May 2, 2020

Apr 30 - Tuscaloosa, AL and Lake Lurleen State Park

  In to Tuscaloosa this morning to do a big load of laundry before we leave tomorrow morning.  Then, over to our Walmart "mobile office".
  Unfortunately, we just got an email from the Thousand Trails RV park in Ohio that we just reserved yesterday, saying they needed to cancel all reservations before May 14th.  So, we had to redo yet again our route home.   Peter had the great idea of posting to Facebook to see if anyone knew anyone living in Ohio that would offer us their driveway for a night.  Thanks to Tamara, for giving Peter the idea to do that, as she and Mike regularly post requests to Facebook.
  As it turns out, my cousin, Joy Lane lives in Ohio, about half way to Pennsylvania!  She called and we will go that route and spend an evening at her house.  I haven't seen Joy since the Family Reunion in Ann Arbor years ago.  So, we will get to visit, keeping social distancing.  And, her daughter, Rebecca, lives right down the road.  So our misfortune turns into fortune!
  But I did spend a lot of the afternoon rescheduling the route, again.  Then, to top off the day, it turns out I left the key in the ignition switch turned to auxiliary, so it drained the battery, and now we are waiting for AAA to come and give us a jump.
   Back at the RV, I was putting away the clothes, and noticed the letters Cheyenne gave me for Xmas.  Each letter was in a separate envelope, and was to be opened along our journey.  The one I opened today was labeled "Open when you are homesick".  It was heartwarming, and brought tears to my eyes.  Cheyenne--you are just amazing!  I put a copy of the letter below.


No comments:

Post a Comment