Monday, January 4, 2021

Dec 20, 2020 - Jan 4, 2021 Holidays and Bringing in the New Year

    I spent several weeks putting together my 2020 Xmas family collages (one of the grandkids, one of the families, and one of Peter's kids & grandchild).  I also printed the 5x7 photos of each of the now 10 grandchildren for the front of my refrigerator, and many 4x6's of family and cousins, for the side of refrigerator and my wall photo frame.  Then, I also printed off my 2020 Holiday newsletter for the Seasons Greetings cards that I mailed out.  That takes dedication to do each year! 

    We had a Covid Christmas this year, as well as a Covid New Years.  A Zoom call with the kids & grandkids, and Scott, Amy & Adelle.  Then another Zoom call with the siblings & cousins.  Very delightful way to spend the day, when you can't be together in person.  In some ways, more relaxing and less cooking.  But, I still prefer the in person connections.  

   We have been taking our daily 2 mile walks, whenever the weather is nice enough (not snowing, not raining and above 30 degrees).  When we can't do that, I am joining Aimee or one of her instructors with the online Jazzercise classes.  I do love walking downstairs and jazzercising.  Peter is trying to get his exercising in on the stationary bicycle (I think he has to work up to doing it regularly, and for long enough).  

    I have been organizing my refrigerator photographs from the last 10 years, that I have previously taken off the frig and stuffed an album.  When the album was overflowing, I finally decided it was time to organize them all.  Interesting walk down memory lane, to see each grandchild born, then get older through the years, via photos.  

   Gabe gave me a "family tree sculpture" for Xmas, so I needed to print off little photos of each grandkid (fortunately, there were 10 little picture frames).  Putting that together was a bit of a challenge.  Tamara gave me an electronic photo frame that shows a slideshow of your photos.  It also allows others to email photos directly to the photo frame, by attaching a photo and emailing it to:  eviepless@ourskylight.com  I have been uploading our RV travels, 50 or so photos at a time.  This is a really delightful thing to have sitting on my kitchen counter.  We get sucked into watching the slideshow of photos and say, "Oh, I remember that.  Gee I was actually there!" And, it's a great way to see current photos of family & friends.   I love it.

   I also got a scrumptiously soft and warm blanket robe, that I am delighted to use downstairs in our somewhat cool basement, while we watch our movies/TV series.  And, we received a few games, one of which we will need Aaron to walk us through and teach us how to play it.  But they look like a fun thing to do of an evening.

  Here's hoping that 2021 will see the end of Covid, that we can resume our RV travels, and actually be able to visit with friends and family again.

Xmas Zoom and Xmas photos: 





 Our daily walk photos:



Family Tree Photo:
Refrigerator & wall frame photos:



Evie luxuriating in her blanket robe:





No comments:

Post a Comment