Saturday, June 26, 2021

June 19 - June 25, Visit with Anica's family and home.

 On Sat, June 19th, we went to see Quinn's (age 7) last soccer game.  No masks, all outdoors.  We brought our camp chairs, and enjoyed watching the groups of girls chase the soccer ball.  It ended with a game of parents against the girls.  

   After the game, we went over to a local Mansfield park, that had a very nice pond, river and shaded picnic areas.  We all brought our picnic lunches.  Elana Davidson joined us as well.  I haven't seen her since Shutesbury, probably 15 years ago, or more.  Elana and her sister, Llani, were close friends growing up with Anica and Tamara.  So it was nice to catch up a bit.  I spent some time with Quinn and Owen over at the pond, discovering trash buried in the sand and stones, and throwing rocks into the water.  It's always a delight spending time with their family (and any of my other kids' families). 

   Sunday, June 20th was Father's Day, and Peter spent most of it with his daughter Kaitlyn.  This was the first time he has actually seen her in person since before we headed out on our summer of 2019 trip out west.  Covid hit, and . . .  Now we are all vaccinated.  So, he enjoyed the day.  Happy Father's Day to all of my sons and son-in-laws with kids.  

   I am starting to listen to some docuseries -- one about the gut biome and diet, and one about how to cook vegan meals by a high-end vegan chef.  Not that I want to become vegan, but I do cook a lot of basically vegan meals (I don't mind adding real cheese instead of vegan cheese) and want to add to my repertoire.

  I am continuing to put together the last 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that Lois sent to me.  This one is actually the hardest, and is taking the longest.  But, slow and steady wins the race.    I also spend some time in my little side-of-the-condo flower garden.  Adding some annuals and perennials.  

Visit with Anica's family photos:






Elana Davidson photos:


Condo flower garden photo:

Father's Day photos:






  



No comments:

Post a Comment